As we wrap up our searches for 2014, we wanted to share a few inspiring words with our readers to ring in the new year.
One of the most inspirational people to have lived, Zig Ziglar left a deep impression on millions of people during the course of his life. He was called the “Master of Motivation,” “One of America’s Icons,” “The Salesman’s Salesman,” and “A legacy that will forever impact our history.” Before his passing, his message through his 86 years of life emphasized the ability to achieve success through a combination of character, attitude and skills.
And he was said to have impacted more than a quarter billion people. A quarter billion people.
Is that a legacy, or what?
In tribute to his amazing influence on all entrepreneurs in a staggering variety of business and nonprofit ventures, I wanted to share Zig Ziglar quotes that have the power to change your life.
Zig’s Five Keys to Motivation
1. We can’t graduate in self-motivation. It’s like eating; we can’t graduate in eating. We need to continue to make choices about what level of self-motivation we want to maintain.
2. The likelihood of motivating yourself is greatly increased with positive relationships. Positive relationships create a feeling of closeness and become a source of strength.
3. To succeed in selling, use emotion and logic in your sales presentation. Logic makes people think; emotion makes them act. If you use only logic, you’ll end up with the best-educated prospect in town. If you use only emotion, you’ll end up with a canceled order. Balance these keys and you’ll sell more.
4. If you feed your mind with positive thoughts and are selective about the things you choose to read, look at, or listen to, then you are taking effective action against negative thinking.
5. Success is measured not by what you’ve done compared to others but by what you’re capable of doing.
Other notable quotes from Zig…
- You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
- There is no traffic jam on the extra mile.
- Money can buy you the best mattress in the world, but it can’t buy you a good night’s sleep.
- Don’t be distracted by criticism. The only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.
- If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.
- The tougher you are on yourself, the easier life will be on you.
- You must be before you can do, and you must do before you can have.
- It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.
- Failure is an event, not a person.
- You can have everything in life you want if you will help enough other people get what they want.